About Pon Food

Pon Food Corporation was started in 1956 by Tony and Bonnie Berner. Pon Food was initially a frozen retail distributor. After about four years, the company started to concentrate more on the wholesale products as retail items were being carried by co-op stores own warehouses. 


During the decade of the '60s, Pon Food started it's relationship with the various school systems, colleges, and drive-ins, the restaurants of that era.

Patti and Tony Berner Jr. started full time in the early '70s and the company expanded it's reach into more school districts and refrigerated items. Early 1980 saw another son, Michael, join the company and the Ponchatoula business began handling "dry" groceries to it's product mix. By 1988, Pon Food was operating out of three separate buildings, along with a minimum of four outside storage trailers.

In 1999, Pon Food moved into its current modern facility in the Ponchatoula Industrial Park. 

In early 2000, a third generation, Corey, started the non-food portion of the business, making Pon Food Corporation a true broadline distributor. 

Pon Food is proud to be a member of Uni Pro Food Service, Inc. and a distributor of Ponchatoula's label products.